Georgian Institute for Debate and Education - GIDE
Since 2009, the Georgian Institute for Debate and Education (GIDE) has been promoting the development of the knowledge and skills needed for both young and adult people of argumentative debates through educational / formal debate.
GIDE is the most active and sustainable debate organization in Georgia and has been involving the youth and adults in non-formal education. More than 10 000 people have been involved in GIDE’s projects over the years.
The founders and board members of the Institute for Debate and Education (GIDE) have been teaching formal debates in Georgia since 1998, have experience in refereeing and training at international tournaments, and have developed debate textbooks.
The main goals and objectives of the organization's activities in Georgia and abroad are:
- Teaching, promoting and disseminating educational debates by encouraging the creation of debate clubs in Georgia, schools and other educational institutions and coordinating their activities;
- Participation in the development of the Georgian education system through the implementation of targeted education projects, the creation of curricula, the development of an accreditation system and the development of guidelines;
- Promoting the development of a full-fledged and free citizen by teaching debates to school children and students and by organizing special competitions, tournaments or educational camps for them;
- Participation in the development of civil society and the rule of law in Georgia. Promoting democratic and humane values and bringing them to the public.
- Alio Mirtskhulava St 12, 119, Tbilisi, GE